In one of the historic cases, investigation of multiple frauds by Sonu Agrawal & his family, have led to the discovery of their bogus dual citizenship of Nepal and India. The Investigation Team found many incriminating and fake documents that prove fraudulent means employed by this family in getting the citizenship of Nepal & India. Their citizenship documents show citizenship ‘acquired by birth ‘- for both Nepal & India; Such false information provided to the Government to gain citizenship is clearly illegal.
The Agrawal family members includes Sonu Agrawal – who now holds Australian citizenship, Jaiprakash Agrawal – (Father deceased), Lochan Kumar Harlalka (Mother), Ranjit Agrawal ( Elder Brother) with his wife & 2 kids and his Ruby Agrawal (Sister).
Sonu Agarwal ( Managing Director AECC Global) and all his immediate family members, who had acquired their Nepalese passport & citizenship by birth were found holding Indian Birth certificates and other Indian government documents like voter ID card, Pan card etc illegally.
Consequentially, the Chief District Officer (responsible for granting citizenship) has ordered to cancel the family’s questionable Nepalese citizenship and seize their properties and assets. A letter informing all of these actions has been sent to Ministry of home affairs, Government of Nepal on 15th September 2019.
Sonu Agrawal is the only person to hold Indian Citizenship by birth in his family, which is clearly questionable. Indian citizenship laws do not permit citizenship ‘acquired by birth’ to children of non- Indian parents.
Sonu, then continued to use his manipulated documents to gain student visa to travel to Australia for further study and used same documents to acquire permanent residency and citizenship of Australia. Below are the details of manipulated documents sent to various government authorities over the years;.
- Date of Birth : 07/02/1983 on Indian Passport vs 29/01/1984 on Australian Passport.
- Father’s Name: Biharilal Agrawal on Indian Voter ID card vs Jai Prakash Agrawal on Indian passport.
- Mothers Name: Changed from Sulochana Devi to Lochan Kumari Harlalka just before coming to Australia.
Government of India has ordered an investigation into Agrawal family’s questionable dual- citizenship status. An interim order has been issued to cancel their Indian Citizenship following which the Agrawal family cannot legally live or work in either of these two countries making their residency status Stateless.
History of Agrawal Family’s fraudulent activities:
- 20/03/2016 (Theft)- Nepal Court convicted Ranjit Agrawal of theft. He was imprisoned for 1 month and fined NRS 5,400,000 (approx. AUD 63,000)
- 6/12/2018 (Banking Fraud) – Complaint lodged with Nepal Metropolitan Police for a Banking fraud at AECC Nepal by Lochan Kumari Harlalka – Chairperson of AECC Nepal ( Mother of Sonu Agrawal) and Ranjit Agrawal – Country Head- AECC Nepal ( Brother of Sonu Agrawal). Kathmandu District Court issues an arrest warrant against Lochan & Ranjit .
- 8/12/2018 – To evade arrest, Sonu impersonates as Ranjit and gets arrested by Nepal Police. This gives Lochan & Ranjit the chance to flee Nepal. Its been more than 10 months, they are still on the run from Nepal government.
- 07/03/2019 & 15/08/2019 (Court Refusal)- Stay Order on Ranjit and Lochan’s arrest warrant, rejected by High Court of Nepal; who later ordered to close this case.
- 15/07/2019 ( Fraud)- Complaint lodged against Sonu & Ranjit Agrawal in Indore, India. They promised jobs in AECC, Australia in exchange of INR 200,000 cash from interested individuals.